ovela Professional Mandoline Food Slicer Vegetable Cutter Julienne User Guide
Safety and Warnings
- Parts of this unit are very sharp. Extreme care should be taken to avoid injury.
- When using or cleaning the unit, do not directly touch the blade. Use of a cleaning brush is recommended to avoid contact with skin and subsequent injury.
- Children are prohibited from using the unit. Keep out of reach of children.
- Combined use of the fixed pin and safety pusher is required during use of the unit to avoid injury.
How to Use
- Extend the anti-skid support from beneath the unit. (fig. 1)
- Clip the grey section on the side of the pusher into the slot position if the unit. Before securing the pusher, ensure no foreign objects are in the slot. (fig. 2)
- Pull out the thickness adjustment knob on the side of the unit. Rotate clockwise to adjust to desired thickness. (fig. 3)
- Use the fixed pins to secure the food to the pusher. (fig. 4)
- When securing long foods like carrots and cucumbers, it is suggested to use the plastic pins on the sides of the pusher to hold it in place. (fig. 5)
- While holding the pusher, push forward to cut the food. (fig. 6)
How to Change Cutter & Pattern
- Pull the ‘lift’ handle on the front of the unit upwards. (fig. 1)
- Pull out cutter knob on side of unit and slightly rotate to the desired cutter and position. (fig. 2)
- Adjust the cutter and pull the ‘lift’ handle back to the original position. (fig. 3)
- Adjust thickness knob to level 1. (fig. 4)
- Secure the food to the pusher with the pins.
- While holding the pusher, push forward to cut the food. (fig. 5)
How to Shred
- Use the shape-setting slider on the side of the unit to select the desired shape.
- French fries: Adjust the thickness knob to level 4 and the shape-setting slider to ‘thickly-shredding’.
- Shredded vegetables: Adjust the thickness knob to level 2 and the shape-setting slider to ‘thinly-shredding’.
Cleaning and Storage
Removing & Reinstalling Fixed Pin
Press one hand on the grey section of the fixed pin, rotate the top white section with the other hand and remove and clean the fixed pin.
After inverting the removed grey section, align the grey pins with holes on the while uneven section and insert them. Turn the unit upright again. Insert pins on the remaining white section into these holes and slightly rotate to complete assembly of the fixed pins.
User manual is subject to change without notice. For the latest version of your user manual, please visit https://www.kogan.com/usermanuals/