Fitted Electric Blanket
Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
Electric Blanket layout
- Fully fitted design with a skirt.
- Dual controllers for Double/Queen/King sizes. Single controller for Single size.
- Overheat safety protection.
- 9 heat settings.
Important! Please retain a copy of these Instructions for future reference!
- Carefully read all instructions before operating the electric blanket, and save for future reference.
- Remove any packaging material and promotional/instructional stickers before using the Electric Blanket for the first time.
- This blanket should ONLY be connected to an Australian/New Zealand regulation 220-240V power outlet.
- Use this blanket as an under blanket only.
- Not recommended for futons or similar folding bed systems.
- This blanket is not recommended to be used on an adjustable bed. If used on an adjustable bed, check that the blanket or cord cannot be caught, creased, kinked or damaged in any way.
- Make sure that the heating area (with the wire elements) on any side of the bed does not hang over the sides of the mattress.
- Do not use this blanket with an infant, a sick person or anyone who is insensitive to heat.
- Only for human use. Do not use this device for pets.
- Overly extended use on a high setting can result in skin irritation or burns.
- Avoid sharp objects. Do not insert pins or any sharp objects into the electric blanket as they may damage the electrical wiring.
- Do not use pins – they may damage the electrical wiring.
- Do not use while folded or rolled.
- Do not tuck the blanket under the mattress.
- Do not use if the blanket is damaged in any way.
- Keep the control unit away from open windows.
- The flexible power supply cord and controller must, as far as is practical, be kept outside of the bed.
- Be sure that the electric blanket is installed so that at all times, the flexible supply plug is adjacent and accessible to the mains power outlet.
- Do not use the electric blanket if it is wet.
- Switch off at the power outlet and remove the plug when the blanket is not in actual use.
- This blanket must be kept in the fully spread condition at all times during use to avoid overheating. It is imperative that the blanket be frequently inspected to ensure that this condition is being maintained.
- Regularly inspect the electric blanket, power supply cord, plug and controller for any wear, damage or misuse. If signs of these are detected, immediately cease all use of the blanket.
- Bedclothes should not be folded back when the blanket is turned on. Do not leave heavy objects on the bed when the blanket is switched on.
- Arrange the blanket so that the heating wires are not below pillows.
- This blanket should not be used by persons who suffer from bedwetting.
- The blanket must not be used over or under a waterbed.
- If any abnormality or defect in the operation of the blanket is observed, discontinue it’s use immediately and contact the Kogan.com customer support team.
- There are no customer serviceable parts inside the blanket. The electric blanket is fitted with a specially designed controller, and no attempt should be made to repair it or replace the protective fuse
- When storing the electric blanket, allow it to cool down before folding.
- When storing, fold neatly but not tightly (or roll), in the original packaging without any sharp bends in the heating elements. Store where no other objects will be placed on it
- Do not dry clean this blanket. Cleaning liquids may have a serious negative effect on the insulation covering of the heating unit. It is recommended to follow the instructions for localized soiling or washing if soiling occurs. Please refer to the Care and Maintenance instructions.
- This appliance is for domestic use only. Not intended for medical use in hospitals.
- Avoid pressing creases into the appliance.
Important Safeguards for All Electrical Appliances
- Carefully read all instructions before operating the blanket.
- Fully unwind the power cord before use.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become tangled or knotted.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse the power cord, power plug or appliance in water or any other liquids unless you are closely following the cleaning instructions when appropriate.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance, by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the blanket.
- Always turn the appliance OFF, switch off at the power outlet and then unplug the power cord when the appliance is not in use.
- Before cleaning, always turn the appliance OFF, switch off at the power outlet, unplug the power cord from the outlet and allow all parts to cool.
- Do not place the blanket on or near a heat source such as a hot plate, oven or heater.
Electric Blanket usage
Securing The Blanket
The blanket material must not be wider than the mattress with which it is intended to be used. It is normal for a small section of the fitted skirt to be showing on top of a larger-sized mattress. Ensure that the blanket is stretched completely flat when placed on the mattress and that any creases, tears, or other damage to the blanket are not apparent. No heating wire elements should be trapped or tucked into any parts of the bed. Ensure that the elastic of the blanket skirt is completely under the entire mattress and secure. Be sure to pass the controller and wiring through the apertures in the skirt section of the blanket. Ensure that when the blanket is fitted onto the mattress, the controllers and flexible power cord are outside of the bed and coverings, located in a position that will prevent any accidental damage to the housing and cords. Use this blanket only as under a blanket and do not use it above the occupant of the bed.
Fitted Electric Blankets
Place the blanket onto the mattress so that the skirt is visible and the controller is under the blanket, exiting through the skirt aperture. Ensure that the heating wire element section of the blanket is clear of your pillows.
Pull the elastic inside the fitted skirt over the ends of the mattress, and ensure that the middle of the blanket is evenly stretched and distributed over the entire mattress.
Operation and Controls
Your control features 9 heat settings, an auto-off timer, a boost function and an on/off slide switch. To switch the blanket on, move the switch in an upward direction, at which point the number 1 will be displayed. To switch the blanket off, move the switch in a downward direction.
The numbers on the electric blanket controller correspond to the following temperatures:
0 = No Heat
1 – 3 = Low Heat
4 – 6 = Medium Heat
7 – 9 = High Heat
The heat setting is illuminated to enable easy adjustment in the dark. To select your desired heat setting, use the UP and DOWN heat arrows.
Your control has a timer feature that allows you to set the blanket to automatically switch off after 1.5 hours, 3 hours or 12 hours. When the timer switches off after the preset time, the number 0 will appear in the display screen. When you switch the control on, the unit defaults to heat setting 1 and 12-hour auto-off. To select your desired timer setting, simply press the timer button to scroll through the 1.5, 3, and 12-hour options.
The boost function is ideal for pre-heating the bed. When you press the boost button, the blanket will heat for 30 minutes at the maximum setting. When the boost function is activated, the letter H will be displayed on the screen. The heating of the blanket will revert to the regular heat setting after the 30 minute boost period. If the boost function is activated, it can be canceled by pressing the boost button again.
Note: on initial use, it is recommended that the blanket be used on setting ‘9’ for two hours before sleeping on the bed. This will assist in drying out any moisture which has accumulated in the mattress. You may notice an odor when using the blanket for the first time due to the insulation material being warmed in. This is harmless and will disappear quickly.
It is recommended that you do not sleep on the electric blanket when it is switched on. Should you choose to leave your blanket on for several hours, setting 1 can be used. Your blanket has a detachable controller and waterproof element which makes your blanket safe to machine washable.
Connecting the Controller
The blanket has a detachable controller and waterproof element which makes your blanket machine washable. Ensure the electric blanket controller is in the OFF position and is not connected to the power supply. To connect your controller, thread the detachable plug from the controller through the slot in the mesh skirt and plug it fully into the socket. Ensure that the locking clip engages with the plastic pin on the plug.
Detaching the Controller
The socket has a locking clip that engages with a small pin on the plug. Ensure the electric blanket controller is in the OFF position and not connected to the power supply. With the controller in the OFF position, push the clip out to release the socket pin and withdraw the connector plug by pulling it away from the socket.
Storing the Control Unit
Remove the controller when laundering your blanket. Store the controller safely in a dry, cool location during the summer months, while continuing to use the blanket on the bed as a comfortable under the blanket.
Dual Control Units
Your Double/Queen/King sized electrical blankets contain two controllers for individual comfort.
Care and Cleaning
Do not dry clean. Do not iron. Before cleaning, ensure that the controller is unplugged from the power supply and detached from the blanket.
Sponge the affected area using a lukewarm neutral detergent or mild soapy solution. Follow this with a sponge using a clean water solution. Remove any excess water by compressing the wet area between absorbent towels.
Immerse the electric blanket only in a lukewarm neutral detergent or mild soapy solution. Soak for five minutes, remove from the solution and gently squeeze the solution through the electric blanket. Rinse the blanket thoroughly in clean lukewarm water, gently squeezing and draining excess water from the electric blanket.
Your electric blanket can be washed in a domestic washing machine (size permitting) or in a commercial laundry. To wash your blanket in a domestic washing machine, wash on the WOOL or DELICATES setting, using a neutral wool detergent or mild soapy solution. DO NOT wash on a hot cycle. The water temperature must be kept below 40°C. Do not use high speed or extra spin cycles. Do not machine wash with the control unit connected to the blanket.
Drape the electric blanket across a clothesline and drip dry. DO NOT use pegs to secure the electric blanket in position. DO NOT dry with a hairdryer or heater.
You may tumble dry the blanket on LOW setting for 15 minutes MAXIMUM. Smooth the blanket by gently pulling any creases out of the fabric. Do not dry with the controls attached to the blanket.
When not in use, pack the electric blanket in its original packaging for best protection, then store in a dry, cool, and clean location Avoid pressing sharp creases into the blanket and store where no objects will be placed on it. Detach the controls from the blanket when storing.
If you have any further questions regarding the use of this product, please contact the Kogan.com customer support team.