OVELTHROWBB & OVELTHROWGB
|Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord, or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
SAFETY and WARNINGS
We believe that safe performance is the first priority in any Consumer product, so that you, our valued customer can confidently use and trust our products. We ask that any electrical appliance that you use be operated in a sensible fashion with due care and attention placed on the following important operating instructions.
Important Safeguards For Your Heated Throw
- Carefully read all instructions before operating the heated throw and save for future reference.
- Remove any packaging material and promotional stickers before using the heated throw for the first time.
- Use the heated throw only with the detachable controller BPC140 provided. Refer to the markings on the heating unit for the model number of the controller.
- Connect only to a 230V or 240V power outlet.
- Do not pull the heated throw by the flexible cord or use the cord to carry the heated throw. Do not attempt to expose internal wires.
- Extended application at the high setting may result in skin irritation or burns.
- Do not use on areas of sensitive skin, or areas that are insensitive to heat.
- Do not use the heated throw on an incapacitated person, an infant, or a person who is insensitive to heat.
- The heated throw is not to be used on or by a sleeping or unconscious person, or a person with poor blood circulation or someone unable to remove the blanket themselves unless carefully attended.
- This appliance is to be used as a wrap only.
- This appliance is not to be used as an electric blanket or used over another blanket.
- This appliance is not intended for medical use in hospitals.
- This appliance is for household use only.
- Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use outdoors.
- Avoid sharp objects. Do not insert pins or any sharp objects into the heated throw as they may damage the electrical wiring.
- Do not use the heated throw in a folded, tucked, or rolled state.
- Do not insert pins.
- Do not use with wired area tucked in.
- Do not sit on, crease or crush the heated throw.
- Do not use the heated throw if it is wet.
- Do not use under clothing, wraps, or blankets.
- Do not use the heated throw as an electric blanket. It is not designed for all-night use.
- This heated throw must not be used over a water bed.
- If any abnormality or defect in the operation of this heated throw is observed, discontinue use immediately and consult with the Kogan.com customer support team.
- Do not fall asleep when using the heated throw. This product is not intended for use while sleeping.
- Do not use the heated throw for animal or pet care.
- Switch the heated throw control to the ‘Off’ position – switch off at the power outlet – and remove the plug from the power outlet when the heated throw is not in use and before storing.
- Do not dry clean the heated throw. Dry cleaning may have a detrimental effect on the heated throw. Follow the instructions in the care and cleaning section when cleaning and storing the heated throw.
- Regularly inspect the heated throw, power supply cord, plug, and controller for any wear, damage, or misuse. If signs of these are detected, immediately.
- Cease use of the appliance and return the entire unit to the place of purchase.
- It is recommended that a qualified and registered person inspect your heated throw after every 3 years of use.
- When storing the heated throw, allow it to cool down before folding.
- When storing, fold neatly but not tightly (or roll) in the original packing without sharp bends in the heating element and store where no other object will be placed upon it.
- There are no customer serviceable parts inside. The heated throw is fitted with a specially designed controller and no attempt should be made to repair it or to replace the protective fuse.
Important Safeguards For All Electrical Appliances
- Fully unwind the power cord before use.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect the appliance. To avoid a hazard do not use the appliance if the power cord, power plug, or appliance becomes damaged in any way. Contact the Kogan.com customer support team.
- Any maintenance other than the cleaning should not be attempted.
- This appliance is for household use only. Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use it in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may cause injury.
- The installation of a residual current device(safety switch) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. It is advisable that a safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA be installed in the electrical circuit supplying the appliance. See your electrician for professional advice.
- Machine washable and tumble dry throw rug.
- Microfible fabric for extra warmth and comfort.
- Auto-off safety protection will heat for up to 10 hours, and after this time the heated throw will automatically switch off. (not shown)
- Flexible heating wire allows for the fabric to drape around you.
- Waterproof control socket and heating element, safe to machine wash and tumble dry (not shown)
- The detachable controller is easily removed from the heated throw socket so that the heated throw can be washed.
- Digital control button with 9 heat settings for choosing the ideal controlled warmth.
- Illuminated LED indicates the heat setting selected.
- The red indicator lamp indicates that the heated throw is connected to the power outlet and the switch is in the ‘ON’ position.
- ON/OFF slide switch.
USING YOUR HEATED THROW
BEFORE FIRST USE
Remove any promotional material and packaging from the heated throw.
Your climate control heated throw can be safely used on any part of the body, although
the advice of a doctor should be obtained if you are in any doubt.
TURNING YOUR HEATED THROW ON
Ensure the detachable controller is connected to the heated throw. Plug the cord into a 240V power outlet and switch the power on.
To turn on the heated throw, slide the control switch to the ‘ON’ position. The red indicator lamp will illuminate and the display will show a setting “O”.
SETTING THE HEAT TEMPERATURE
Adjust the temperature by pressing the digital control button to choose a heat setting between 1-9. This can be achieved by continuously pressing the “SEAT HEAT” button until the desired setting is reached (depending on personal requirements and warmth required).
Allow 10-20 minutes for the digital heated throw to reach operating temperature.
The climate control heated throw has nine customized heat settings operated by a push-button on the detachable controller.
The nine settings allow you to choose the right balance of heat depending on your personal requirements.
The numbers on the digital display correspond to the following temperatures:
0 = No heat
1-3 = Low Heat (recommended for continuous use)
4-6 = Medium Heat
7-9 = High Heat
If the heated throw is misused (by folding, etc) then the throw will turn off and the numeric display will flash with the number “0”. The heated throw must then be switched off and allowed to cool before turning on again.
To turn the heated throw-off, slide the control switch to the ‘OFF’ position. Switch the power off at the power outlet and remove the plug.
NOTE: Do not leave the heated throw in contact with the skin for excessive periods of time.
AUTO-OFF SAFETY PROTECTION
The heated throw has auto-off Safety Protection and will heat for up to ten hours. After this time, the heated throw will automatically switch off and the digital display will flash with the number “0”. To continue to use the heated throw, switch and turn the heated throw on again .
SMART WIRE CLIMATE CONTROL
Your heated throw features Smart Wire Climate Control which senses the surrounding temperature and adjusts the heated throw temperature according to provide you with added comfort and safety.
This innovative technology automatically regulates the temperature of the heated throw so there is no need to constantly make adjustments to the level of the heat required.
Smart Wire Climate Control provides the additional benefit of keeping your safety in mind by preventing the heated throw from overheating if it is misused (by folding, etc).
If the heated throw is misused, the heat to the heated throw will turn off and the numeric display will flash with the number “0”. The heated throw must then be switched off and allowed to cool before turning on again.
CARE AND CLEANING
REMOVING THE DETACHABLE CONTROLLER
The heated throw is suitable for washing; however, the detachable controller is not.
Therefore, it is essential that the detachable from the heated throw socket prior to washing.
Slide the control switch to the ‘OFF’ position, switch off at the power outlet, and remove the plug from the power outlet.
The heated throw socket has a tab that forms a lock with a small pin on the plug of the detachable controller. To remove the detachable controller, pull back the tab to separate the pin from the lock (see Fig .1).
While the tab is being pulled back, pull on the plug of the detachable controller so that it is completely separated from the four prongs in the socket (see Fig .2). Once the detachable controller is removed follow the care instructions for washing.
To replace, reconnect the detachable controller, and reseal the tab ove the plug.
WASHING INSTRUCTIONS – HEATED THROW
Once the detachable controller is removed, (see Fig .2) the heated throw may be hand or machine washed on a delicate setting. It may be line or tumble dry on low for a maximum of 15 minutes.
DO NOT twist or wring dry. DO NOT bleach, dry clean, iron, use mothballs or sprays, or pegs when line dried.
Lay the heated throw flat or fold loosely when storing. Do not fold tightly. Do not store when wet. Store in a dry place away from dust or oil.
WARNING: Never immerse the detachable controller in water or any other liquid.