The ADVANTECH Rackmount Ummanaged Redundant Industrial Switch Manual is a comprehensive guide for installation, configuration, and maintenance of the ADVANTECH Rackmount Ummanaged Redundant Industrial Switch. The manual includes schematics, wiring diagrams, and pinouts to help you get up and running quickly.
Sections in this Manual
Advantech EKI-2428G-4FA Startup Manual
Rackmount Unmanaged Redundant Industrial Switch
The EKI-2428G is an unmanaged switch with 24 Gigabit ports and 4 Gigabit SFP ports that can provide users with abundant ports to connect many devices. It is designed for rack-mount installation and is suitable for edge to core networks.
Before installation, please make sure that you have received the following:
- 1 x EKI-2428G-4FA Rackmount Unmanaged Switch
- 1 x Startup manual
If anything is missing or damaged, contact your distributor or sales representative immediately
For more detailed information, please refer to the full manual which can be found on Advantech’s website.
For more information on this and other Advantech products, please visit our websites at: http://www.advantech.com/products
For technical support and service: http://www.advantech.com/support/
This startup manual is for EKI-2428G-4FA
- Compatibility: IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3x, 802.3ab, 802.3z
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Base-TX
- SFP: Up to 110 km (depends onSFP)
- Ethernet RJ-45 Distance: Up to 100m
- Connectors: 24 x 10/100/1000Base-T/TX RJ-45 4 x SFP(mini-GBIC) port
- PowerRequirements: 100~240V single AC power input
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 442 x 44 x 211.1 mm
- Enclosure: Metal shell with solid mounting kits
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 55°C (32 ~ 131°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20 ~ 70°C (-4 ~158°F)
- Operating Humidity: 10 ~ 95%(non-condensing)
- Storage Humidity: 10 ~95% (non-condensing)
- EMC: CE FCC Class A
- Warranty: 5years
Warning: This is a Class A product. In a domestic environment, this product may cause radio interference in which case the user may be required to take adequate measures.
- Read these safety instructions carefully.
- Keep this user manual for later reference.
- Disconnect this equipment from any AC outlet before cleaning. Use a damp cloth. Do not use liquid or spray detergents for cleaning.
- For plug-in equipment, the power outlet socket must be located near the equipment and must be easily accessible.
- Keep this equipment away from humidity.
- Put this equipment on a reliable surface during installation. Dropping it or letting it fall may cause damage.
- The openings on the enclosure are for air convection. Protect the equipment from overheating. DO NOT COVER THE OPENINGS.
- Make sure the voltage of the power source is correct before connecting the equipment to the power outlet.
- Position the power cord so that people cannot step on it. Do not place anything over the power cord.
- All caution and warning on the equipment should be noted.
- If the equipment is not used for a long time, disconnect it from the power source to avoid damage by transient overvoltage.
- Never pour any liquid into an opening. This may cause fire or electrical shock.
- Never open the equipment. For safety reasons, the equipment should be opened only by qualified service personnel.
- If one of the following situations arises, get the equipment checked by service personnel:
- The power cord or plug is damaged.
- Liquid has penetrated into the equipment.
- The equipment has been exposed to moisture.
- The equipment does not work well, or you cannot get it to work according to the user manual.
- The equipment has been dropped and damaged.
- The equipment has obvious signs of breakage.
- Do NOT LEAVE THIS EQUIPMENT IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THE STORAGE TEMPERATURE MAY GO BELOW -20°C (-4°F) OR ABOVE 70°C (158°F) THIS COULD DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT. THE EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT.
- Position one bracket to align with the holes on one side of the switch and secure it with the bracket screws. Then attach the remaining bracket to the other side of the Switch.
- After attaching the mounting brackets, position the EKI-2428G-4FA Unmanaged Switch in the rack by lining up the holes in the brackets with the appropriate holes on the rack. Secure the Switch to the rack with a screwdriver with the rack-mounting screws.
Download PDF Manual
You can download the original PDF version that this HTML manual has been created using by clicking the button below:Download PDF Manual