HENDI Salamander 264607. 264706
You should read this user manual carefully before using the appliance. Keep these instructions with the appliance. For indoor use only.
Thank you for purchasing this Hendi appliance. Before using the appliance for the first time, please read this manual carefully, paying particular attention to the safety regulations outlined below.
- This appliance is intended for commercial use.
- The appliance must only be used for the purpose for which it was intended and designed. The manufacturer is not liable for any damage caused by incorrect operation and improper use.
- Keep the appliance and electrical plug away from water and any other liquids. In the event that the appliance should fall into water, immediately remove plug from the socket and do not use until the appliance has been checked by a certified technician. Failure to follow these instructions could cause a risk to lives.
- Never attempt to open the casing of the appliance yourself.
- Do not insert any objects in the casing of the appliance.
- Do not touch the plug with wet or damp hands.
- Danger of electric shock! Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself. In case of malfunctions, repairs are to be conducted by qualified personnel only.
- Never use a damaged appliance! Disconnect the appliance from the electrical outlet and contact the retailer if it is damaged.
- Warning! Do not immerse the electrical parts of the appliance in water or other liquids. Never hold the appliance under running water.
- Regularly check the power plug and cord for any damage. If the power plug or power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid danger or injury.
- Make sure the cord does not come in contact with sharp or hot objects and keep it away from open fire. To pull the plug out of the socket, always pull on the plug and not on the cord.
- Ensure that the cord (or extension cord) is positioned so that it will not cause a trip hazard.
- Always keep an eye on the appliance when in use.
- Warning! As long as the plug is in the socket the appliance is connected to the power source.
- Turn off the appliance before pulling the plug out of the socket.
- Never carry the appliance by the cord.
- Do not use any extra devices that are not supplied along with the appliance.
- Only connect the appliance to an electrical outlet with the voltage and frequency mentioned on the appliance label.
- Connect the power plug to an easily accessible electrical outlet so that in case of emergency the appliance can be unplugged immediately. To completely switch off the appliance pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet.
- Always turn the appliance off before disconnecting the plug.
- Never use accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Failure to do so could pose a safety risk to the user and could damage the appliance. Only use original parts and accessories.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
- This appliance must not be used by children under any circumstances.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Always disconnect the appliance from the mains if it is left unattended or is not in use, and before assembly, disassembly or cleaning.
- Never leave the appliance unattended during use.
Special Safety Precautions
- Hot surface! Risks of burns! The grid and the adjacent metal enclosure part becomes very hot during operation. Therefore, touch only the designated handle and the rotating knob only.
- The utensil (not supplied) that put on the grid should be heat resistant.
- Do not cover the appliance during operation and keep it away from inflammable objects, e. g. curtains, newspaper or liquid such as alcohol & fuels
- Do not place the appliance near heat sources, like cooking stove, heater or fire.
- This appliance is only served for the preparation of food.
- Use the appliance only in a well-ventilated area. Place the appliance on a flat, horizontal, stable surface. Leave at least 20 cm spacings from surrounding for ventilation purpose.
- Clean the appliance after each use to avoid infestation with mould fungus or vermin.
- The grid and the dripping tray are not dishwasher safe and must be cleaned by hands.
- Allow completely cool down before storage and cleaning.
- Warning! During installation, do not place on surfaces or near walls, partitions, or kitchen furniture and the like — unless they are made of non-combustible material or clad with a suitable non-combustible heat insulating material, and also pay attention to the fire prevention regulations.
- This appliance is intended for professional use.
- This appliance is designed only for grilling appropriate food products. Any other use may lead to damage of the appliance or personal injury.
- Operating the appliance for any other purpose shall be deemed a misuse of the device. The user shall be solely liable for improper use of the device.
This is a class I appliance. This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
The temperature of the appliance can be regulated up to 300°C. This appliance is mainly used for grilling or keeping dishes/sandwiches warm and crisp. It also has a removable grid and dripping tray.
Before First Use
- Remove all parts from the packing material.
- Check for the completeness and shipping damage immediately after unpacking. Contact the supplier if there is any damage.
- Clean the appliance (See ==> Cleaning and maintenance).
- Operate the appliance for at least 10 minutes without food with the temperature controller at MAX position. This will burn any product residue away (See ==>Operation).
- During this operation, some smoke might evoked due to burning of production residue. This is normal and does not indicate any defect or hazard to the appliance.
- Unplug the appliance from the electrical supply outlet.
- Let the appliance cool down completely and then clean it before start to use. (See ==> Cleaning and Maintenance).
- Connect the power plug to a suitable electrical power outlet.
- Then, rotate the temperature controller clockwise to the desired temperature (up to 300°C) and ORANGE heating indicator light up.
- GREEN ON/OFF indicator will also light up.
- The appliance is starting to be heated up.
- ORANGE heating indicator will go out once the set the temperature is reached. At the same time, the heater stops operating.
- Lift up the top panel using the handle before taking out the food.
- When the temperature lowers, the temperature controller switch ON and the ORANGE heating indicator will light up again. The heating tube will start operation again.
- When the temperature controller is switched to the maximum position, the appliance will heat continuously with the maximum temperature.
- The salamander with double temperature controller operates the same way.
- Green ON/OFF indicator will go out after the product is switched off. Remark
- Warning! Only touch the front handle on the top panel or temperature regulator. Other parts may get very hot during operation.
- Attention! Make sure the food does not spill over the edge of the grilling plate.
- Grilled food may burn if the grilling time is too long or if the temperature is too high or the top panel is too close.
- The grilling time and temperature depends upon the kind of food and the thickness. Find the optimal time by trial.
- Always make sure that the grilled food is completely cooked.
- Always lift up the top panel to remove grilled food and using a suitable tool (not supplied) to avoid danger of burns.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Risk of electric shock!
- Do not let water or liquids enter the appliance!
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical power supply supply before cleaning and storage. Risk of burns!
- Make sure the grid have cooled down completely before cleaning.
- Clean the appliance after each use.
- Properly dispose of the oil in the dripping tray.
- The gird and the dripping tray are removable for cleaning.
- Drop a little edible oil on stubborn residues on the grid and dripping tray. Let these soak for approx. 20 minutes.
- Wipe the grid, dripping tray and the housing with a slightly damp cloth.
- Avoid strong cleaning agents or scouring pads as these may damage the grid and the dripping tray.
- Keep the appliance in a clean and dry location, away from the direct sunlight.
- Keep the appliance out of reach of the children for storage.
If the appliance does not function properly, check the below table to find a solution. If you are still unable to solve the problem, contact the supplier/ service provider.
|Appliance is not working at all and all the lights are off.||– Appliance not plugged in.
– Circuit breaker triggered.
– Internal power malfunction.
|– Plug the appliance into a work- ing power supply.
– Check the circuit breaker of the power supply.
– Contact supplier.
|Appliance is not heating, the green light is on and the orange light is off.||– Temperature regulator defec- tive.
– Temperature regulator in the
|– Contact supplier.
– Turn the knob of the tempera- ture regulator to switch it on.
|Appliance is not heating, the green light and orange light are on||– Heating element defective.||– Contact supplier.|
|Circuit breaker is triggered when the appliance is switched on.||– Overload of the power supply.
– Internal Short-circuit.
|– Connect the appliance to suit- able power supply (16 Ampère).
– Check if there are other appliances on the same circuit breaker.
– Contact supplier.
|Appliance is not hot enough or too hot||– Temperature regulator defec- tive.
– Incorrect height of the heating
|– Contact supplier.
– Decrease or increase the height of the upper housing (heating element).
|Upper housing can’t be moved up or down.||– Upper housing blocked by external object.
– Internal mechanical defect.
|– Remove the external object to free the upper housing.
– Contact supplier.
|Power supply||220-240V~ 50/60Hz|
|Number of temperature controllers||1||2|
|Protection class||class I|
|Temperature range||Up to 300 ºC|
|Heating area (mm)||440×320||590×350|
|Vertical movement of upper housing||70~200mm|
|Weight||39 kg||49 kg|
Remark: Technical data is subjected to change without prior notification.
Any defect affecting the functionality of the appliance which becomes apparent within one year after purchase will be repaired by free repair or replacement provided the appliance has been used and maintained in accordance with the instructions and has not been abused or misused in any way. Your statutory rights are not affected. If the appliance is claimed under warranty, state where and when it was purchased and include proof of purchase (e.g. receipt). In line with our policy of continuous product development we reserve the right to change the product, packaging and documentation specifications without notice.
Discarding & Environment
When decommissioning the appliance, the product must not be disposed of with other household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to dispose to your waste equipment by handing it over to a designated collection point. Failure to follow this rule may be penalized in accordance with applicable regulations on waste disposal. The separate collection and recycling of your waste equipment at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. For more information about where you can drop off your waste for recycling, please contact your local waste collection company. The manufacturers and importers do not take responsibility for recycling, treatment and ecological disposal, either directly or through a public system.