The Onn Soundbar has been designed to provide you with an unrivalled sound experience. This manual will guide you through the setup process, and also give you access to all of the features that come packaged with this device. When troubleshooting problems with your device this is a great place to start.
Sections in this Manual
- What’s in the Box?
- Get to Know Your 36” 5.1 SOUNDBAR
- Remote Control Overview
- Using the HDMI IN or HDMI ARC connection
- Using the AUX or Optical Connection
- Bluetooth Connection and 5.1 System Connection
- Using The Bluetooth Connection
- Connection to the Power Outlet
- Product Wall Mounting the first step
- Product Wall Mounting the second step
- Product Wall Mounting the Third Step
- Battery Replacement for the Remote Control the First Step
- Battery Replacement for the Remote Control the Second Step
- Battery Replacement for the Remote Control the Third Step
- Remote Control Operation Range
36″ 5.1 Soundbar
What’s in the Box?
Check to make sure you have everything below.
- Main unit
- Satellite Speaker x 2
- RCA to RCA Cable x 2
- Remote Control
- Power Cord x 2
- AUX Cable x 1
- HDMI Cable x 1
- Optical Cable x 1
- QSG x 1
- User manual x 1
Get to Know Your 36” 5.1 SOUNDBAR
- LED Indicator
• Red when the unit is in STANDBY mode.
• Lights up yellow in AUX mode.
• Lights up green in OPTICAL mode.
• Lights up blue in BLUETOOTH mode.
• Lights white in HDMI(ARC)mode.
• Lights up orange in HDMI IN mode
- Remote Control Sensor
- HDMI IN Port
- HDMI ARC Port
- OPTICAL Port
- AUX IN Port
- AC IN Port
- Button Switches the unit between ON and STANDBY modes
- SOURCE Button - Selects the input source
- VOL- Button - Decreases the volume
- VOL+ Button - lncreases the volume
Remote Control Overview
Using the HDMI IN or HDMI ARC connection
Use an HDMI cable (included) to connect the TV’s HDMI OUT Port to the soundbar’s HDMI IN Port.
HDMI cable (included) length is 1.7m
Please note the soundbar has HDMI CEC function
Use a HDMI to HDMI cable (included) to connect the TV’s HDMI (ARC) port to the soundbar’s HDMI(ARC) port.
HDMI cable (included) length is 1.7m
Using the AUX or Optical Connection
Use a 3.5mm to RCA stereo audio cable (not included) to connect the TV’s audio output Port to the soundbar’s AUX IN port.
Use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo audio cable (included) to connect the TV’s headphone Port to the soundbar’s AUX IN port.
Use an optical cable (included) to connect the TV’s OPTICAL OUT Port to the soundbar’s OPTICAL Port.
Bluetooth Connection and 5.1 System Connection
Establish Bluetooth connection
When unit powers on, press source button on soundbar or press the Bluetooth key on the remote change to Bluetooth(Bluetooth ID: Onn 36″ 5.1 Soundbar ) mode to enter Bluetooth pairing mode, the blue LED indicator will fast flash, the LED indicator remain solid bright when Bluetooth connected.
Pairing the subwoofer
Pair manually: Long press mute on the remote for 7s, then long press pairing button on subwoofer for 3s, soundbar’s current LED indicator and subwoofer’s mixed-color(mixed by red and blue) LED will quick blink until be paired each other.
After connection, the LED indicator will remain solid bright.
PS: Subwoofer is paired with soundbar before ex-factory, when power on, they will be connected each other automatically.
Using The Bluetooth Connection
- Turn on the power, press ( ) on the unit or remote control to switch the unit to ON mode with a prompt tone.
- Keep the distance of the soundbar and your mobile phone, PC, tablet or other Bluetooth enabled device within 1 mete, The closer, the better.
- Ensure Bluetooth has been enabled on your device and that your device is discoverable.
- Select the Bluetooth mode on the soundbar. -Using the remote control, press the Bluetooth button. The indicator light on the soundbar will be flashing blue. -Alternatively, press the source button on the soundbar until the indicator light is flashing blue.
- Select the Bluetooth search function on your device. Your device should discover the soundbar which is called “Onn 36″ 5.1 soundbar”.
- Select pairing mode: -Using the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds until blue indicator light is flashing slowly. -Alternatively, press and hold the source button on the soundbar for 3 seconds until the blue indicator light is flashing slowly.
- Select the Bluetooth search function on your device. Your device should discover the soundbar which is called “Onn 36” 5.1 soundbar “.
- Select “Onn 36″ 5.1 soundbar”. your device is paired with the soundbar when the blue indicator light stops flashing and becomes solid.
Connection to the Power Outlet
Connect the AC IN port to the power outlet by power cable.
Ensure all audio connections of the unit are connected before connecting to the mains power owlet.
Product Wall Mounting the first step
- Drill 2 parallel holes ( 98mm each according to well type) in the wall. The distance between the holes should be58ornm.
- Installation must be carried out by qualified personnel only. Incorrect assembly can result severe personal injury and property damage (If you intend to Install this product yourself, you must check for installations such as electrical wiring and plumbing that may be bunde inside the wall). It is the installer’s responsibility to verify that the wall will safely support the total load of the Soundbar.
- Additional tools (not included) are required for the installation.
- Do not overtighten screws.
- Keep this instruction manual for future reference.
- Use an electronic stud finder to check the wall type before drilling and mounting.
Product Wall Mounting the second step
Product Wall Mounting the Third Step
3. Insert 1 screw TA 9.40mm (not included) into each anchor. Be sure to leaves 6mm gal, between the wall and the screw’s head. Lift the unit over the heads of the screws and slot into place
Battery Replacement for the Remote Control the First Step
Lift up the back cover to open the battery compartment of the remote control.
Battery Replacement for the Remote Control the Second Step
Insert two AAA two batteries. Make sure the (.) and (-) ends alba batteries match the (a) and (-) ends Indicated in the battery compartment.
Battery Replacement for the Remote Control the Third Step
Close the battery compartment cover.
Remote Control Operation Range
The remote control sensor on the front unit is sensitive to the remote control’s commands up to a maximum of 15′ away and within a maximum of a 60 arc.