The Plantronics Voyager Legend Wireless Bluetooth Headset is the latest in wireless technology, making your phone calls and mobile device usage more convenient than ever before. With this headset you will be able to take hands-free calls without any wires while still being connected to your smartphone or tablet. The user manual for this product includes information on how to set up the device, use it with different devices, troubleshoot issues that may come up, and much more.
Sections in this Manual
- What’s in the Box
- Headset Overview
- The Basics
- Make/Take/End Calls
- Use sensors
- Play or pause streaming audio
- More Features
- Customize your headset
What’s in the Box
NOTE *Cable style may vary by product.
- Portable charge case
- Desktop charge stand
- AC charger
- USB charge cable
- Car charge adapter
- Micro USB charge adapter
- Eartip kit (available in S, M, L)
The first time you power on your headset, it begins the pairing process.
- Wearing your headset, power it on. You hear “pairing” and the headset indicator lights flash red and blue.
- Activate Bluetooth® on your phone and set it to search for new devices.
• iPhone® Settings > Bluetooth > On*
• Android™ > Bluetooth: On > Scan for devices*
NOTE *Menus may vary by device.
- Select “PLT_Legend.”
If necessary, enter four zeros (0000) for the passcode or accept the connection.
Once successfully paired, you hear “pairing successful” and the headset indicator lights stop flashing.
NOTE To enable caller name announcement, allow access to your contacts if your phone prompts you.
Pair another phone
After pairing your headset to your phone you may want to pair another or new phone.
- Switch on your headset then choose:
• Tap the Voice button and say “Pair mode,” or
• Press and hold the Call button until you hear “Pairing”
- While the headset LEDs are flashing red and blue, activate Bluetooth® on your phone and set it to search for new devices.
- Select “PLT_Legend.” If your phone asks, enter four zeros (0000) for the passcode or accept the connection.
- Once successfully paired, LEDs stop flashing red and blue and you hear “pairing successful.”
NOTE : To enable caller name announcement, allow access to your contacts if your phone prompts you.
Your new headset has enough power to pair and make a few calls before charging is needed, though you may charge at any time.
- Align snap-fit magnetic areas of headset and USB cable.
- Attach the cable to USB wall charger or laptop for 90 minutes. LEDs turn off once fully charged.
Table 1: Headset LED behavior while charging
Change the Eartip : Change the eartip for a better fit.
- Push in eartip and rotate to the left to unlock it.
- Align new eartip into slot.
- Rotate it to the right to lock it into place.
Wear on the left or right :
To wear the headset on your other ear, rotate the boom upwards then twist it around so the eartip is on the other side before lowering the boom.
Answer a call
- Put on the headset to answer call, or
- Say “answer” after call is announced, or
- Tap the ““
Answer a second call
First, tap the to end the current call, then tap the again to answer new call.
End a call
Tap the to end the current call.
Reject a call
- Take off the headset , or
- Say “ignore” after call is announced, or
- Press for 2 seconds
Call back last call
Double-tap the .
Voice dial (phone feature)
If your smartphone has a voice-enabled assistant, press the for 2 seconds and wait for phone prompt.
When wearing your headset, you will hear the name of a contact calling you so you can decide whether to answer or ignore the call.
An incoming caller name is announced:
- if your phone has the Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- if you granted access to your contacts during pairing process
- if they are a stored contact
However, in the following situations, an incoming caller name is not announced:
- if you use the sensors to automatically answer a call while putting on your headset
- if the caller is unknown, unlisted, or blocked
- if your phone doesn’t support PBAP
NOTE: Cantonese, Danish, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Swedish do not have native language caller announcement support.
During a call, you can mute the microphone. Tap the . You will hear “mute on” confirmation. An alert repeats every 15 minutes to remind you of microphone mute. Tap the again to open the microphone and hear “mute off” confirmation.
Adjust the volume
Toggle the up (+) or down (–) during a call or while streaming audio.
Smart Sensors™ technology in this headset recognizes if the headset is being worn and can automatically perform time-saving functions.
Putting on your headset will:
- Answer an incoming call
- Transfer an active call from your phone
- Resume streaming audio
Taking off your headset will:
- Reject an incoming call
- Transfer an active call to your phone handset
- Pause streaming audio
- Lock the Call button to avoid accidental calls
You may need to reset the sensors if they are not working as expected.
- Test Wearing the headset, tap the Call button to test sensors.
A talk time voice alert means sensors are working. A tone means sensors need to be reset .
- Reset To reset the sensors, charge your headset and place on a flat non-metallic surface for more than 10 seconds.
Play or pause streaming audio
A 2-second press of the button will either pause or resume playback of streaming audio.
NOTE : You must pause your streaming audio before you:
- use your headset’s voice commands
- initiate an outbound call with your headset (call back or voice dial)
NOTE : If you power off the headset or go out of phone range while streaming audio, your headset will not play/pause the stream upon reconnecting until you manually resume streaming with your phone.
Your headset understands and speaks in English. You can change the language online by visiting www.plantronics.com/myheadset and downloading the MyHeadset™ Updater tool. The available languages for voice alerts are Cantonese, English (UK and US), Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
Voice alerts list
- “Power on/off”
- “Answering call”
- “Talk-time (x) hours”
- “Battery low”
- “Recharge headset”
- “Lost connection”
- “PC connected”/”PC disconnected”
- “Phone 1 connected/Phone 2 connected”
- “Pairing successful”
- “Pairing incomplete, restart headset”
- “Mute on/off”
- “Volume maximum/minimum”
- “Voice recognition on/off”
- “Calling back last number”
- “You can say”
Adjust voice alert volume
Toggle the volume button when the headset is powered on and idle (not on a call or streaming music) to adjust the volume of the headset’s voice alerts.
Tap the Voice button, wait for the command request, then say a command. For example, “What can I say?” tells you the full list of available commands. You can change the voice command language by visiting www.plantronics.com/myheadset and downloading the MyHeadset™ Updater tool. The available languages are English (US and UK), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. Voice commands for Cantonese, Danish and Norwegian must be spoken in English.
Voice commands list
- “Am I connected?”
- “Check battery”
- “Pair mode”
- “Call back”
- “What can I say”
NOTE : The voice-dial feature on your phone is initiated by pressing the Call button for 2 seconds. The voice-dial feature is not a headset voice command.
Disable the answer/ignore voice commands
To disable the “answer/ignore” voice commands:
- Switch on the headset.
- Press and hold the Voice button until you hear a double tone.
- Repeat to reactivate the voice answer commands.
Customize your headset
Your headset understands and speaks in English. You can change the language and other settings using a USB cable, PC and Plantronics tool.
The MyHeadset™ Updater (www.plantronics.com/myheadset) tool enables you to:
- Receive firmware updates
- Change language for voice alerts and commands
- Turn voice commands on/off
- Turn Smart Sensors™on/off
- Turn high quality audio (A2DP) streaming on/off
- Turn “mute off” voice alert on/off
- Turn Wideband Audio for HD Voice on/off
- Connect your headset and USB cable to your computer.
- Download the MyHeadset™ Updater tool by visiting www.plantronics.com/myheadset.
- Edit language, regional settings, configure other features, and download updates when available.
Voyager Legend supports multipoint technology, which allows you to use one headset with two different Bluetooth mobile phones. To pair your headset to a second phone, see “Pair another phone”.
To answer a second call on the other phone, the current call must be terminated or transferred back to the first phone. If you choose not to answer, the second call will go to voice mail.
- Tap the Call button to end the first call.
- Tap the Call button again to answer the second call
NOTE : To avoid issues with multipoint, use the on the headset rather than your phone controls.